2008 was a good year for the practice of software architecture. Good progress is being made throughout the industry in recognition of Architecture as a distinct discipline, and the maturity of the discipline was advanced by the excellent writings of a host of passionate practitioners. Looking back at the year on SoftwareArchitecture.com, I found it interesting to note the most popular posts of 2008. People are clearly interested in understanding the profession and reinforcing their practice. Let's keep it up!
The top 10 most popular posts of 2008:
- What Is Software Architecture?
- Good Architecture Descriptions are Explosive
- Service Design Principles (the Contract Story Continues)
- Most Important Competencies of the Software Architect
- What is a Software Architect?
- The Architect is Accountable!
- Progressive Refinement of Estimates (aka The Transmission Repair)
- The Proactive Architect
- Governance Without Goodwill is Dead
- The Making of a Governance Anti-Pattern?